Now that your favorite shows have ended for the season don’t panic. I’ve created a list of things to do to pass the long summer months till the fall premieres.
- Got to the movies: this summer promises endless hours of entertainment at the movie theater, starting on May 23rd with the release of the final installment of the Hangover trilogy, you’ll be so preoccupied you won’t realize it’s September already!
- Binge-watch shows on demand or on DVD: start your summer off right with the highly anticipated return of Arrested Development on Netflix on May 26th, or re-watch your favorite series on DVD until you can see it again in the fall.
- Check out the summer television shows: True Blood season 6 starts on June 16 need I say more?
- Stay in: and watch movies in the convenience of your own home, companies like Magnet Releasing offer a variety of independent films on demand before they even come to theaters! Be sure to watch Kiss of the Damned starring Milo Ventimiglia and Charlie Bewley‘s first starring role in Farren Blackburn’s Hammer of the Gods
- Make a movie: or at least help fund one! Browse through Kickstarter and help out the independent creative process or create your own project and become the next Zach Braff or Kristen Bell. .
- Read something: suggested reading; Charlaine Harris’ final Sookie Stackhouse novel, or The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani, for fans of the supernatural, this book is also being made into a movie. David Sedaris’ latest release Let’s Explore Diabetes with Owls is another hilarious read.
- Get out: go see a concert, the hottest tickets this summer include: Jen Kirkman‘s stand up tour, Justin Timberlake and Jay Z, and the ever popular Lollapalooza
- Stay out: go to a convention. The ultimate experience of fandom is of course Comic-Con, but for a more intimate experience try smaller gatherings like the 2013 Open House Rally which features actors from the phenomenal Sons of Anarchy. And for all the sci-fi fans there’s many conventions from Creation Entertainment including my personal favorite The Official Vampire Diaries convention.
No matter what you end up doing this summer is sure to be filled with sun, fun and tons of memories. Check out my pinterest board here: How to Spend your Summer Vacation
- Zach Braff inspired by Kristen Bell (contactmusic.com)
- Red-Band Trailer for the Viking Film HAMMER OF THE GODS (geektyrant.com)
- List of TV Premiere Dates for Summer 2013 (tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com)
- What’s Your “Must See” Summer Movie? (sliceofscifi.com)